HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level

Accord: Having transmission problems/jerking with my 2001 Honda

Having transmission problems/jerking with my 2001 Honda Accord with these codes: P0740, P0401, and P0420. Can you advise what to do?
Hi I'm Tom I'm here to assist you today. What relay box was replaced ? Also is this a 6 or 4 cylinder ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Tom, It is a 6 cylinder. my receipt states "replace main relay (85867)". It was $69

Ok that's for the stalling correct . The engine light is still on correct and can you tell me which codes are present? There are a few different bulletins that can affect this I can post depending on codes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, that fixed the stalling. And yes, the engine light is on. The codes I have are P0401 and P0420.

Ok was the egr update ever done and port cleaning?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, it has not been done yet.

This is what needs to be done to fix the p0401 code and can possibly fix the p0420 code . If after the repair and you clear the codes the p0420 comes back you need to replace the catalytic converter . These are the next steps. Here's the bulletin.
Please rate excellent service . Bonuses greatly appreciated .