HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

knoking sound comes from underneath honda crv, sometimes you

knoking sound comes from underneath honda crv, sometimes you can hear it under swichgear, other from right back wheel and others from front side what is it?
Hi I'm Tom and I'm here to assist you today with your issue . How many miles on the vehicle and this only happens in reverse correct ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
it is brand new cdv 2013 milege is about 2000 and yes it is only when in reverse. but it does not happen every time I go reverse
Ok this is the all wheel drive model correct ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no it is just front wheel drive

Ok that's what I figured there are issues with the front axles making a banging sound in reverse was this checked also there was never any damage the the exhaust like it being backed not something as bent exhaust will also cause this issue .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't know they have check it 3 times but everytime their answer THER IS NOTHING WRONG. then why this banging happens periodically. is it serious, it has guarantee 3 years

Yes what happening is the carrier bearing in the transmission is starting to lock up and fail so this will eventually lock up and damage the transmission . So you need to have the dealer send an engineer down also as long as it documented it will be covered if you are out of warranty . These are the next steps . Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for my help thanks . Bonuses greatly appreciated .