HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

Pilot: Do Hondas brake pedals drop more quickly than other

Do Honda's brake pedals drop more quickly than other manufacturers? I ask because I drove an '09 Pilot that I'm considering buying where the pedal continued to drop. Not to the floor, but quite a bit. I know that this is somewhat normal as the AC cycles off and on, but I've never felt that amount of drop in a vehicle's brake pedal before. Thanks in advance.
Hi I'm Tom and I'm here to help you with your issue today . They do not drop that far and this is not normal . This is telling you either there is air in the system from the abs pump/modulator or the master cylinder itself is bad . So before you make this purchase these need to be checked next for this issue . These are the next steps. Remember I'm here if you need any further assistance just let me know . Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for my help thanks bonuses greatly appreciated .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX check into that. Moving forward, as I figure out what's normal for Honda, do Honda's brake pedals drop more quickly than other manufacturers? (I think this is called brake fade).

Thanking you in advance

Not anymore then any other manufacturer . They all slightly fad as you know when the a/c kicks in or cooling fan but that's normal . So if its extreme there is an issue causing this and needs to be fixed . Hoped this helped . Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for my help thanks . Bonuses greatly appreciated .