jazzmaster
jazzmaster, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  ASE CERTIFIED 32 YRS EXPERIENCE
8668911

I have a 2000 Hondi Elantra and i have a code pending. Code

I have a 2000 Hondi Elantra and i have a code pending. Code is PO446 which is evap emission control system vent circuit malfunction. I need to know what that is.

hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you ..

there can be a few issues here .

if you have smoke machine or access to one and a good scanner this can be easy to find the fault for that code ..

but if not ,no need to worry ,just remove the vent canister valve ,located behind the or near the left rear wheel ,I will show you the valve that you need to take out .

after removing the vent valve -use a battery (12 volt)and hook the hot to one of the terminals on the valve ,next using a ground just touch the ground to the other connection and it should click each time that you touch the ground ..

if it doesnt click once then the vent valve is mort likely bad ..

also, check the wiring at the connector that attaches to the valve for a broken or corroded wire ..

http://www.stockwiseauto.com/product_info.php/products_id/251139/fit_id/9835/Year/2000/Make/Hyundai/Model/Elantra/source/googleps?gclid=CPuYxr-l37gCFeoWMgodL1AAbg

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

nevermind i got it covered and your imput was helpfull thank you very much

you are welcome...jazzmaster