Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.

Honda 2009: I have a Honda fit 2009. My wife run into an front

I have a Honda fit 2009. My wife run into an front bumper accident last year, but no airbags deployed. The SRS light was on ever since. I went to my local Honda dealer try to get it reset. They scan the code DREW F1-11, and suggest me to replace the SRS control units. So was there any alternative beside replace the SRS control units? Any suggestion, please.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.

Was she wearing her seatbelt when the accident occurred?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

She wear the seatbelt when the accident occurred. And dealer also suggest to replace Front impact sensors and both seat belt tensioners.

Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.

F1-11 is set when either the driver's airbag is deployed or driver's seat belt tensioner deployed.

Since airbag didnt deploy, then the seat belt tensioner set that code. You have to replace the seat belt tensioner on driver's side and replace the SRS control module, but there is no reason to replace the passenger seat belt tensioner
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Does it have anything to do with Front impact sensors, because they also suggest to replace it? How do I know if it is not defeated too?

How many SRS control module in one car, does it control both airbag and seatbelt tensioner on both driver and passenger side, or is that two units in one car?

Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.

There is a control unit inside the passenger seat, but it only needs to be replaced if there is a fault code for it, which there isnt and it is only for the passenger side tensioner and seat weight sensor

The crash sensors in the front bumper should also be replaced if not done so at this point as any frontal impact of the front bumper that is enough to set the F1-11 code will set them off as well.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Base on your experience, how much I am looking for to replace driver's side seat belt tensioner, SRS control unit and front crash sensor? I mean just for parts.

Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.

about $85 for crash sensor, $900 for Control module, and $450 for the tensioner
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.