scott, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ase certified, 24 years, bumper to bumper all makes very familuar with Honda products

Honda Odyssey: How do I get coins out of my 2006 Honda Odyssey

How do I get coins out of my 2006 Honda Odyssey cd changer?

scott :

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will gladly assist you with your vehicle concern.

scott :

Wow. I am sorry that you are having this problem, and it happens more often that you think to drivers with small children.

The sad part here, is the dealer is correct, as the unit will need to be removed and disassembled; however, your local shop could probably do it a bit cheaper. $250 for removal is pretty steep.

scott :

Once the unit is out, the face and unit case will nee dto be removed. At that point, the coins can be fished out.

scott :

Is there an independent shop that you trust?

Customer: Yes, this would be the case with a three year old! Could the stereo place remove the unit?
Customer: There are other shops in town, I old see if they are any better.
scott :

They could, but I would verify that they were capable of taking the case apart.

Customer: They need to make them more child proof! I will see what I can do at another shop or I'll just go back to the dealer.
scott :

If they did that, then someone would eventually complain. There is one in every group. lol

Customer: lol! So true. Thank you.
scott :

I am sorry that I did not have better news for you, but in this case, it is what it is. The unit will have to come out, but like I said, $250 is pretty steep.

scott :

Thank you for using Just Answer. Thank you for letting me assist you.