HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level

Honda Accord: I have a 2007 Honda Accord. My locks wont work

I have a 2007 Honda Accord. My locks wont work using the key fob and inside driver side button (but work from the passenger side). Additionally, the turn signals wont work (but the hazards do), the AC blows hot air, the high/lo beams dont work (but regular lights work), the wipers only work on high. I disconnected the battery for abt 15 min and reconnected it.The next morning everything was working. Two days later the problems came back... I manually unlocked the door using the key and was driving. While driving, the alarm started to go off. I pulled to the side, cut the car off and back on. everything was working. Is this a PCM issue or a battery issue?
Category: Honda
Expert:  HondaPlatinum replied 1 year ago.
Hi I’m Tom and I’m here to assist you with your issue today. Before I get you a fully researched answer, I have to ask you a couple preliminary questions.What would you actually like to know I would be glad to help.Was this vehicle in an accident or any added electronics added prior to this issue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No accident.

However, in February of this year, I had an aftermarket remote starter installed.

Ok that very well can be the cause were there any issues after that was installed ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No issues after installation. Everything seemed to be working fine until now.

OK I would have that looked at first to make sure the install is still ok.If everything checks out then there is going to be an issue wit the drivers side multiplex unit and this will need to be checked next.Was this checked yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Not that I know of. The dealer immediately suggested replacing the PCM to fix the AC issue but stated they would need a few days to take apart my vehicle to address the other issues. What is the drivers side multiplex unit? Where is it located and what does it do?

Its the drivers side fuse box and will also cause your a/c issue and its not the PCM .Also the PCM takes all of 45 minutes to replace and reprogram to the vehicle so the dealer is trying to make extra money off you .Have the drivers side multiplex unit checked next for this issue Im sure thats the problem.These are then next steps.Remember that I'm here if you need any further assistance just let me know it will be for no further charge. Hoped this helped.Please rate excellent service so I can get Credit for my help thanks. Bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Should I take it to a mechanic to have the fuse box checked or is this something I can do myself? If so, what am I looking for? blown fuses?

Honestly a shop can hook up the scanner and see if the multiplex unit is working correctly dont go to the dealer they will rip you off unfortunately .Remember that I'm here if you need any further assistance just let me know it will be for no further charge. Hoped this helped.Please rate excellent service so I can get Credit for my help thanks. Bonuses greatly appreciated.
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience: 13 year honda platinum level