HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

Honda Accord EX: hello, I have a 1991 Honda Accord. I turn

hello, I have a 1991 Honda Accord. I turn the AC on and the fan motors and clutch compressor does not kick on. I put in a new blower motor. I have changed the clutch relay and the fan relay. All fuses are good under kick panel and hood. Did not change DIOD could that be the problem or something else???? Any good advice much appreciated. Thanks Carmen
Hi I’m Tom and I’m here to assist you with your issue today. Before I get you a fully researched answer, I have to ask you a couple preliminary questions.What would you actually like to know I would be glad to help. What are the readings for the hight and low side pressure readings?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hey Tom thanks, we need the AC in this car to work. We are getting juice from the fuse box and all fuses are good. The compressor works, the fan works, and we jumped it and it works. When you turn on the green A.C. , it comes on. In the interior of the car the fan blows great, but clutch and fan are not engaging. We changed compressor clutch relay, condensor fan relay, and did NOT change the DIODE. ARE there any hidden relays under the dash, if so, exactly where, and are they related to the Air Conditioner? We replaced blower motor and brains on floor board passanger side. Just don't know what else to do. Please help us , it's hot!! Here are the readings you requested : Blue/high=40 and Red/low=50 Thank you for your time Carmen PS: we jumped pressure switch connector and there is no juice to it

Ok have you checked all fuses and these pressure reading are when the system is not operating correct when the compressor clutch and fan are not working.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes the pressure readings are when the system is not operating . Have checked all fuses good

Ok those are very low reading and will not allow the compressor to operate have you tried to have the system recharged to see if the system starts operating?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we filled it with freon early on, but it won't take any because the compressor won't kick on

Ok and jumping the relay for the compressor in the under hood fuse box does not engage the compressor then it has to be electrical either the heater control panel or fuse box you need to focus here next.Remember that I'm here if you need any further assistance just let me know it will be for no further charge. Hoped this helped.Please rate excellent service so I can get Credit for my help thanks. Bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your help we will check that today and see what happens. Will let you know. I will send an excellent service rating. Have a great day! Carmen