HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

Honda Odyssey LX: MY REAR PASSENGER DOOR OPENS WHEN I TAKE

MY REAR PASSENGER DOOR OPENS WHEN I TAKE THE 40 AMP FUSE OUT AND PUT IT BACK IN .IT HOWEVER STOPS WORKINGSHORTLY THEREAFTER AND THE SLIDE DOOR LIGHT ON MY DASH PANEL GOES ON
Hi I'm Tom and I'm here to help you with your issue today and. That's resetting the door. Does the door operate smoothly when it does open?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes it did. once i shut the car off the door stopped working and the slide door dash light came on again

Ok we can try a manual reset if you would like and if that does not work the most common issue is going to be the latch has failed. Would you like to try this procedure?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes

OK turn the switch off inside the vehicle .Disconnect the battery and operate the passenger sliding door to the all the way open position then the all the way closed latch position.Reconnect the battery and turn the switch on in the vehicle and see if the door resets if not then it has to be a latch issue and this needs to be checked next .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i tried the manual reset by disconnecting the battery and moving the door open and closed. it worked until i shut the car off and tried to open door by remote. didnt wprk and the slide door on my dash went on . i was told i have to check the latch next

Yes that's correct that's what will cause this issue and to loose memory.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can I fix this latch problem or must I take it into the dealer. what must I do to fix this issue with my rear door. how do I replace the memory lose of the latch

Let me try to post the procedure it's pretty involved but can be done if you take your time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

that sounds great. I follow the procedures you send. thanks

Ok let me try to upload the procedures it will be later tonight if that's ok.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thats fine. thanks

No problem .