Amedee, Former ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

Honda Accord lx: I have 97 accord while the engine is runinig

I have 97 accord while the engine is runinig it shut's down and all the gages go blank i replaced a distributor but a rotor and the cap are not replaced maybe the key ignition needs to be replaced but i'm not sure what may be the problem
Hello and welcome to Just Answer!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I can assist you with your question.

It sounds to me like the ignition switch is bad and will need to be replaced. This is very common on this vehicle. If you want to verify this, check power going in and out of the ignition switch when this happens. There is a Black/Yellow leaving the ignition switch. That wire should have battery voltage in the start and run position. If not, jump power to this wire when this condition happens and see if the vehicle keeps running. If so, the ignition switch has failed.

If this is the case, contact your local Honda dealership and give them your VIN to see if there are any open recalls on your ignition switch.

Glad I can help!