Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Honda Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Honda Diagnostics
18617752

Honda Accord EX: 2007 Honda accord ex v-6. A.C blows cold on

2007 Honda accord ex v-6. A.C blows cold on passenger side but warm on drivers side.
Hello! Welcome to the site! Thanks for coming! I'm Ron Z. I'm here to provide as much info and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

When the A/C blows cold on one side, but not the other, this means the A/C system is in good working order, but the air is not being directed as needed. This is most commonly due to a faulty Air Mix Actuator Motor. This actuator is located under the center/driver's side of the dash. To gain access, remove the driver's side lower dash cover and insulator panel. The actuator will be just above and to the right of the accelerator pedal (see image below). Inspect the electrical connector and harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. Remove the actuator and make sure there are no broken parts on the HVAC housing. If the visual inspection checks ok, replacing the actuator should solve the problem.
graphic

If you have no further questions at this time, Please remember to RATE YOUR Q&A EXPERIENCE TODAY! Your input is very important to us! Please make sure to leave a RATING! Thank-You!

If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm always happy to answer follow-up questions!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hey thanks Ron, That is what they told me at Midas, but they called it a blend door actuator. Also they said the whole dash had to come out for them to get to it. It didn't sound right Honda has gotten better at putting things in place where you don't have to take apart the whole dash.

Also could you send that picture to my gmail I couldn't open it on Just answer. [email protected].

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hey Ron,

don't worry about sending the pic. I got it to come up

Right, a Blend Door Actuator... Honda refers to it as an "Air Mix" actuator- same animal, different name.

I'm seeing the Labor Time Guide call for just under an hour to complete the repair. The entire dash does not need to be removed for the driver's side, no. The lower panel and insulator.

Unfortunately, I cannot send anything to your personal email. It's against policy. As a matter of fact, they "X" out your email address so I can't read it anyway!

What I can do for you is create a PDF file with the procedure and images for you to download. I included both the 2-door and 4-door version (no big difference! hahaha! But just in case...). Download the PDF FILE HERE

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hey, Ron this doesn't look like a hard job. Does it take long to replace?

I'm seeing the Labor Time Guide call for just under an hour (.9hr) to complete the repair.