HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

Civic: I have a 2001 Civic with a bad transmission... I found

I have a 2001 Civic with a bad transmission... I found another 2001 Civic that has a good transmission (wrecked in back but drive-able). My car is US/Canada made and the donor is Japan made. With the Japan trans work in my US made Civic
My VIN: 1HGES1 6581L 076169
Donor: JHMES1 6501S 004787

Thanks; Jeff
Yes a used from japan will work just fine,also check ebay quick you will be surprised what you can save.
Remember Im here if you need any further assistance for anything at all it will be for no further charge.Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for my help thanks.Bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is there any difference with the electrical connections. A friend at a salvage yard said his system didn't show them crossing but the engine and trans-axle would cross. He thought it was just incomplete information in his book.
Thanks; Jeff
No the sensors are the same you might have to swap a few over but thats all.Remember Im here if you need any further assistance for anything at all it will be for no further charge.Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for my help thanks.Bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
how many hours will it take to do the swap (trained expert) and then I will double that as an estimate (best guess is ok or how many hours the job pays)?
Thanks; Jeff
Sub frame needs to be dropped so it's a 4 hour job . Remember that I'm here if you need any further assistance just let me know it will be for no further charge. Hoped this helped.Please rate excellent service so I can get Credit for my help thanks. Bonuses greatly appreciated.