Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Aftermarket & Factory Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years. R/S, etc.
1609972

CD7: Hi JA! I have a CD7 Accord with H22A AT. The D4 light

Hi JA! I have a CD7 Accord with H22A AT. The D4 light is blinking every time i pull the gear lever to any gears from P or N. When i drive it feels OK except it feels like it doesn't switch to final gear. For your info, my car has not been moving for few months while being repair since July last year. What can possibly be the cause and how to fix it. Thank you.

.

I have a CD7 Accord with H22A AT. The D4 light is blinking every time i pull the gear lever to any gears from P or N. When i drive it feels OK except it feels like it doesn't switch to final gear. For your info, my car has not been moving for few months while being repair since July last year. What can possibly be the cause and how to fix it.

.

.

This can be an idication of a bad PCM..............
You will need to do some testing with a Volt Meter to help narrow it down......

.

Here is Testing procedures if you want to test, otherwise a reputable Trans Shop should be able to get it
apprx 1 hour labor

.

graphic

.

.

Once you are done, kindly provide a rating based on your experience today.

.

.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

If the D4 light blinking constantly ONLY after i switch the gear lever to any gear from P (the D4 light is not ON or blinking when the ignition is ON), can it be of the same PCM problem?

.

.

Yes............
Please understand, I am NOT pinpointing the PCM, as testing needs to be done to specifically point to the problem. I am stating that the PCM is typically a major cause.
Prior to any repair, checking Trouble Codes & testing should be done first.

.

.