Jim
Jim, Honda Master Tech
Experience:  18 yr honda tech, 30 yr experience, 13 ase master tech
54429526

Accord: I have a 2002 Accord and we had to have the transmission

I have a 2002 Accord and we had to have the transmission rebuilt 3 yrs ago. Now it seems like if I don't warm up the car totally. The car revs up before going into the next gear. Is it the transmission AGAIN?
Thank you in advance for your answer.

jimhondatech :

hi this is jim, i'm here to help you out, it sounds like you may have a pressure switch problem, the computer will need scanned to be sure, there have been a lot of issues with the second gear pressure switch

Customer:

Okay Thanks. Is this an expensive fix?

Customer:

did not answer my question completely

jimhondatech :

hey i don't get your poor service rating, the fix could be as easy as a pressure switch, the least you could do is give me a chance to help you, i would get your computer scanned for a trouble code, most parts stores will scan your computer for free, to properly help you i need your help also, i need to know if the computer has stored any trouble codes, i do not want to guess at what your problem could be, this will not help any of us

Customer:

Thank you.