Jim
Jim, Honda Master Tech
Experience:  18 yr honda tech, 30 yr experience, 13 ase master tech
54429526

Hi, so Im experiencing a transmission slipping and jerking

Hi, so I'm experiencing a transmission slipping and jerking for my 2002 Honda Accord along with a TCS light and a check engine light. The car is about at 170,000 miles and I'm wondering if you can give me a service tip on how to fix the problem and was wondering if it would be safe to drive 31.2 miles home with that problem

jimhondatech :

hi this is jim, i'm here to help you out, to properly help you diagnose your problem i will need the trouble code stored in the computer, before you drive home i would make the oil and transmission fluids are full

Customer:

thanks Jim. And as for the trouble code, would I need to get that through the dealership to get that stored code, or is there another way of getting it?

jimhondatech :

yes most parts stores will scan your compture for free, there are over 100 trouble codes, so i do not want to guess at what your problem could be, the tcs light being on is most likely because of the check engine light code, the computer will turn off the tcs

jimhondatech :

when a trouble code is present

Customer:

Great, thanks for the tip Jim!