Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.

03 honda accord 2.4 code p0341 with mult cylinder missfire

03 honda accord 2.4 code p0341 with mult cylinder missfires
Category: Honda
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

tims auto repair :

hi

tims auto repair :

how many miles is on the car?

tims auto repair :

are you there?

Customer:

125k

tims auto repair :

ok

tims auto repair :

so,,you get the 300 code with the 341?

Customer:

yes

tims auto repair :

ok

tims auto repair :

explain to me how it runs

tims auto repair :

does it miss all the time?

tims auto repair :

col and hot?

tims auto repair :

cold

Customer:

all time have not run it long enuff to get hot

tims auto repair :

ok

tims auto repair :

your problem seems to be the timing solenoid

tims auto repair :

sometimes you can remove and clean these with carb cleaner

tims auto repair :

and it may work fine

Customer:

where is this solenoid

tims auto repair :

2003 Honda Accord L4-2.4L
Variable Valve Timing Solenoid Locations, Components

20_hn0304accor_sm_11-169.png
Full Size Image

VTEC/VTC - Component Location Index
tims auto repair :

give me just a moment...i will get you more info on this code

tims auto repair :

2003 Honda Accord L4-2.4L
A L L Diagnostic Trouble Codes ( DTC ) Testing and Inspection, P Code Charts: P0341, DTC Troubleshooting

DTC P0341: CMP Sensor and CKP Sensor Incorrect Phase Detected

1. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).
2. Clear the DTC with the HDS.
3. Test-drive at a steady speed between 19 - 38 mph (30 - 60 km/h) for 10 minutes.
4. Check for Temporary DTCs or DTCs with the HDS.

Is DTC P0341 indicated?

YES - Go to step 9.

NO - Go to step 5.

5. Do the VTC TEST in the INSPECTION MENU with the HDS.

Is the result OK?

YES - Go to step 6.

NO - Go to step 9.

6. Test-drive at a steady speed between 19 - 38 mph (30 - 60 km/h) for 10 minutes.
7. Check the VTC STATUS in the DATA LIST with the HDS.

Does it indicate ON?

YES - Go to step 8.

NO - Go to step 6 and recheck.

8. Monitor the OBD STATUS for DTC P0341 in the DTCs MENU with the HDS.

Does the screen indicate FAILED?

YES - Go to step 9.

NO - If the screen indicates PASSED, intermittent failure, system is OK at this time. If the screen indicates NOT COMPLETED, go to step 6 and recheck.

9. Turn the ignition switch OFF.
10. Test the VTC oil control solenoid valve.

Is the VTC oil control solenoid valve OK?

YES - Go to step 11.

NO - Replace the VTC oil control solenoid valve, then go to step 14.

11. Check the camshaft timing.

Is the camshaft timing OK?

YES - Go to step 12.

NO - Reset the camshaft timing, then go to step 14.

12. Check for damage to the cam chain.

Is the cam chain damaged?

YES - Replace the cam chain, then go to step 14.

NO - Go to step 13.

13. Inspect the VTC actuator.

Is the actuator OK?

YES - Go to step 14.

NO - Replace the VTC actuator, then go to step 14.

14. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).
15. Reset the ECM/PCM with the HDS.
16. Clear the CKP pattern with the HDS.
17. Do the ECM/PCM idle learn procedure.
18. Do the CKP pattern learn procedure
19. Test-drive at a steady speed between 19 - 38 mph (30 - 60 km/h) for 10 minutes.
20. Check for Temporary DTCs or DTCs with the HDS.

Are any Temporary DTCs or DTCs indicated?

YES - If DTC P0341 is indicated, check for poor connections or loose terminals at the VTC oil control solenoid valve and the ECM/PCM, then go to step 1. If any other Temporary DTCs or DTCs are indicated, go to the indicated DTC's troubleshooting.

YES - Go to step 21.

21. Monitor the OBD STATUS for DTC P0341 in the DTCs MENU with the HDS.

Does the screen indicate PASSED?

YES - Troubleshooting is complete.

NO - If the screen indicates FAILED, check for poor connections or loose terminals at the VTC oil control solenoid valve and the ECM/PCM, then go to step 1. If the screen indicates NOT COMPLETED, go to step 19 and recheck.

tims auto repair :

2003 Honda Accord L4-2.4L
Variable Valve Timing Solenoid Service and Repair, Procedures: VTC Oil Control Solenoid Valve Removal/Test/Installation

VTC Oil Control Solenoid Valve Removal/Test/Installation

57_hn0304accor_sm_11-189a.png
Full Size Image

1. Disconnect the VTC oil control solenoid valve connector (A).
2. Remove the bolt (B) and the VTC oil control solenoid valve (C).
3. Check the VTC oil control solenoid valve strainer for clogging. If the strainer is clogged, replace the VTC oil control solenoid valve.

58_hn0304accor_sm_11-189b.png
Full Size Image

59_hn0304accor_sm_11-189c.png
Full Size Image

4. Note the amount of valve opening by observing the position of the piston shoulder (A) through the valve retard drain port. If it opens, replace the VTC oil control solenoid valve.

60_hn0304accor_sm_11-189d.png
Full Size Image

5. Connect the battery positive terminal to VTC oil control solenoid valve 2P connector terminal No.2.
6. Connect the battery negative terminal to VTC oil control solenoid valve 2P connector terminal No.1. Appearance of inner valve (A) in the port should be at least 1.3 mm (1/16 in.). If the inner valve does not open, replace it; then go to step 7.

61_hn0304accor_sm_11-190a.png
Full Size Image

7. Replace the VTC valve O-ring (A).
8. Coat a new O-ring with engine oil, then install it.
9. Clean and dry the mating surface of the valve.
10. Install the valve.

NOTE: Do not install the valve while wearing cloth fibrous gloves. Be careful not to contaminate the cylinder head opening.

tims auto repair :

2003 Honda Accord L4-2.4L
Variable Valve Timing Solenoid Service and Repair, Procedures: VTEC Solenoid Valve Removal/Installation

VTEC Solenoid Valve Removal/Installation

65_hn0304accor_sm_11-191b.png
Full Size Image

1. Disconnect the VTEC solenoid valve connector (A) and the VTEC oil pressure switch connector (B).
2. Remove the bolts (C).
3. Remove the VTEC solenoid valve (D).
4. Install the valve in the reverse order of removal with a new solenoid valve filter (E).

tims auto repair :

Please RATE my answer by clicking the RATINGS button, so I can get credit for my work,,the [BAD SERVICE] and [POOR SERVICE] rating does not give me credit].i don't receive commission if you give a less than 3 star/smiley rating ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate,,.please understand,i can not see,hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so...sometimes you may need to right click the image,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience: Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.