Jim
Jim, Honda Master Tech
Experience:  18 yr honda tech, 30 yr experience, 13 ase master tech
54429526

Honda CRV: The door locks on my 2002 CRV will not work with

The door locks on my 2002 CRV will not work with the remote. My lights still flash when working the remote and the button on the door still locks and unlocks. It seems to be the interaction between the remote and the door locks. Any ideas?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Jim replied 2 years ago.

jimhondatech :

HI THIS IS JIM, I'M HERE TO HELP YOU OUT, IS YOUR CRV AN EX OR LX, THE SYSTEMS ARE DIFFERENT. LET ME KNOW JIM AND DO ALL THE DOORS NOT WORK OR JUST ONE, THANKS JIM

Expert:  Jim replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is an EX. no doors will unlock with the remote. Head and tailights still flash. I can still manually lock all doors by using the key on the driver side door
Expert:  Jim replied 2 years ago.
THANKS, XXXXX XXXXX 5 DOOR SWITCHS THAT WHEN YOU OPEN THE DOOR THE DOME LIGHTS COME ON, THESE WILL NEED CHECKED NEXT, THE SWITCH IS ON THE BODY, IT IS COVERED UP BY A RUBBER BOOT, OPEN EACH DOOR AND MAKE SURE THE DOME LIGHT COMES ON AND PUSH ON THE SWITCH TO SEE IF YOU FEEL IT MOVE, THERE IS A TAILGATE SWITCH ALSO, THE SWITCHS TELL THE ALARM THE DOOR IS CLOSED, LET ME KNOW, THANKS JIM
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I believe I am familiar with the switch you are talking about. My door alarm stopped working a couple years ago and I was told the switch you are talking about was likely jammed or needed to be replaced. Also, I have noticed the dome light is not working but I can really say when that happened. So all these things are connected?

Over the weekend, my CD player stopped working and I get an ERR message when I try to play or eject a CD. Would this also be related to the switch you are talking about?

Expert:  Jim replied 2 years ago.
YES, THE SWITCHS HELP CONTORL A LOT OF THINGS, ALL THE CARS COMPUTERS NEED TO KNOW THAT THE DOORS ARE SHUT, THE CD PLAYER ISSUE IS NOT RELATED, THERE IS AN INTERNAL FAILURE THAT IS WHY THE ERROR CODE, YOU CAN GO ON EBAY AND GET A USED RADIO CHEAPLY, ANY MORE QUESTIONS LET ME KNOW, KEEP ME POSTED, DON'T FORGET TO RATE MY SERVICE FOR MY REPORT CARD, THANKS JIM
Jim, Honda Master Tech
Experience: 18 yr honda tech, 30 yr experience, 13 ase master tech