HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

Honda crv: 1997 honda crv driving along and just cuts out with

1997 honda crv driving along and just cuts out with green key light flashing , also tried spare key still the same?
Problem is the transponder ring around the ignition switch that reads the chip in the key was this checked these are known to short out .
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
shorts out meaning broken wire or faulty transponder? also just noticed every time i turn ignition off the green key symbol flashes anyway ?
Yes the transponder ring that reads the chip in the key shorted out.Thats why you are having this issue .Sometimes the transponder ring as well as the electrical portion of the ignition switch fails at the same time.These are what need to be checked next to fix this issue.Also make sure the vehicles battery is full y charged as well as clean and tight battery cables as this can also cause this issue.You would need number 17 and possible 8 in the diagram.
graphic

Hoped this helped.Bonuses greatly appreciated.Please rate excellent service so I get credit for my help anything lower then ok service gives me negative feedback and I do not get compensated for my time thanks . If you need further assistance just let me know.