Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Honda Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Honda Diagnostics
18617752

air bag sensor lite comes on intermittently on 2003 Honda Accord what needs to be done?

Welcome! I'm Ron Z! I will do my best to answer all of your questions. For easy access to this thread, bookmark it now! Please read everything!

I know this may not be the answer you wanted to hear, but unfortunately, at this point, this is an honest answer-

When the Air Bag light comes on, this is a problem in the Restraint System. This can be anything from a faulty Impact Sensor, to a problem with the Seat Belts themselves, and anything/everything in between. There are literally dozens of parts/sensors in the restraint system, that when faulty, can set the Air Bag light. There is absolutely no way to tell where the problem lies without diagnostic trouble codes. There isn't a mechanic on the planet that can look at the light as say "oh, it's this...". The first step of every mechanic will be to retrieve the trouble codes from the on-board computer. It's just how the diagnostic flow process works. These trouble codes will point to the faulty part/sensor, and from there, you can more efficiently and accurately diagnose the problem. There are a couple of Technical Service Bulletins on "known issues" with the restraint system, but, do they apply to your case? Can't say without a trouble code. Some local parts stores, like AutoZone, can rea air bag codes, and will do so for Free (except in California). If you cannot find a store that has the scan-tool to read these codes, then unfortunately, you will need to have a shop scan the codes.