HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

How do you permanetly disable alarm system on Honda accord 2001?

Category: Honda
Expert:  HondaPlatinum replied 2 years ago.
This is the factory alarm correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes factory alarm
Ok there is one very common issues that causes this problem.It can be fixed or disabled if you want to .The problem is a shorted hood switch .This causes the alarm to sound due to the signal from the hoods witch being erratic.So you can disconnect the hood switch or replace it.Heres the location and part number if you want to replace it.Heres a bulletin on the remote if thats not the issue you need to replace the hood latch .
ClickHere
Heres hood latch replacement or just disconnect the electrical connector labeled D in the diagram.
graphic

graphic

graphic

Please remember the site has changed and you need to click the got the job done or higher rating for me to get credit for my help.Anything lower gives me negative feedback and I do not get compensated for my help.If you need further assistance please let me know I would be glad to help.Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We disconnect battery and followed instructions; however
the flashing red light still appears by the door lock--Is this indicating that the alarm system is stil set.
Yes but it will not set due to the Hood switch being disconnected .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We followed instruction:(Previously given)

disconnect the battery, reconnect, close all doors of car, lock with the key(drivers side)unlock it hold key for 5 seconds. My ?again is the red light by the door lock(on drivers side) still flashes--does that mean that alarm is set and will go off as it has been doing OR

IS THE ALARM DISCONNECTED??

Appreciate your patient BUT I must know

that the alarm WILL NOT GO OFF.

Yes that means the alarm is set and will go off.You need to disconnect the hood switch and the alarm will not set again .Please remember the site has changed and you need to click the got the job done or higher rating for me to get credit for my help.Anything lower gives me negative feedback and I do not get compensated for my help.If you need further assistance please let me know I would be glad to help.Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience: 13 year honda platinum level