Shift fork shaft stuck
Modulator valve defective
Reverse Clutch Pressure Control (CPC) valve defective
4th accumulator defective
4th clutch defective
Reverse gears worn or damaged
- Check the line pressure and 4th clutch pressure.
- Check for a missing shift fork bolt on the shift fork shaft.
- If the ATF strainer is clogged with particles of steel or aluminum, inspect the ATF pump. If the ATF pump is OK, and no cause for the contamination is found, replace the torque converter.
- Inspect the reverse selector gear teeth chamfers, and inspect the engagement teeth chamfers of the countershaft 4th and reverse gear. Replace the reverse gears and the reverse selector if they are worn or damaged. If the transmission makes clicking, grinding, or whirring noises, also replace the mainshaft 4th gear, reverse idler gear, and countershaft 4th gear.
- If the 4th clutch feed pipe guide in the end cover is scored by the mainshaft, inspect the ball bearing for excessive movement in the transmission housing. If the ball bearing is OK, replace the end cover as it is dented. The O-ring under the guide is probably worn.
- Replace the mainshaft if the bushing for the 3rd and 4th clutch feed pipes are loose or damaged. If the 4th clutch feed pipe is damaged or out of round, replace the end cover.
- Inspect the clutch piston, clutch piston check valve, and O-rings. Check the spring retainer for wear and damage. Inspect the clutch end-plate-to-top-disc clearance. If the clearance is out of tolerance, inspect the clutch discs and plates for wear and damage. If the discs and plates are worn or damaged, replace them as a set. If they are OK, adjust the clearance with the clutch end plate.
Because most of the testing requires dropping and tearing down the transmission, I dont recommend someone trying this themselves unless they have a lot of transmission rebuilding experience as further damage can occur if not familiar with internal transmission components
Please note, your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment. Please click the ACCEPT BUTTON and/or SMILEY FACE to complete transaction or ask for more help. Positive feedback is always appreciated. Bonuses are welcome. Please note that if you have a subscription service you still need to click the accept button, however you are not charged again. Thank you.
What will be the problem if after putting the car in reverse for 5-10 min and it moves?