Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.

Changing the front driver side head light on a 2001 honda accord v6

Category: Honda
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 2 years ago.

tims auto repair :

hi

tims auto repair :

are you there?

tims auto repair :

you must remove the bumper to replace the headlamp

tims auto repair :

i will give you instructions

Customer:

hello sorry my comptuer was acting weird

tims auto repair :

2001 Honda Accord EX Sedan V6-3.0L
Headlamp Service and Repair, Removal and Replacement: Headlight Replacement

Headlight Replacement

1. Remove the front bumper (Coupe, Sedan).
2. Disconnect the connectors (A).

95_hn02accor_sm_22-098.png
Full Size Image

3. Remove the 5 mounting bolts (B), then remove the headlight assembly (C).
4. Install the headlight in the reverse order of removal.
5. After replacement, adjust the headlights to local requirements.

001 Honda Accord EX Sedan V6-3.0L
Headlamp Adjustments

Headlight Adjustment

Before adjusting the headlights:
- Park the vehicle on level ground.
- Make sure the fuel tank is full.
- The driver or someone who weight the same should sit in the driver's seat.
- Load the trunk with the items you usually carry.
- Push down on the front and rear bumpers several times to make sure the vehicle is sitting normally.

96_hn02accor_sm_22-099a.png
Full Size Image

1. Clean the outer lens so that you can see the center of the headlights (A).
2. Align the center of the headlights to 7.5 m (25 ft) from the wall or a screen (B), and park the vehicle.
3. Turn the low beams on.

97_hn02accor_sm_22-099b.png
Full Size Image

4. Measure the height of the headlights (A) and the lights should reflect 52 mm (2.1 in.) below headlight height (B).

43_hn02accor_sm_22-100a.png
Full Size Image

5. If necessary, adjust the headlights to local requirements by turning the vertical adjuster.

...........Please ACCEPT my answer by clicking the accept button, so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.please understand,i can not see,hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so...sometimes you may need to right click the image,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

tims auto repair :

2001 Honda Accord EX Sedan V6-3.0L
Front Bumper Cover / Fascia Service and Repair, Removal and Replacement: Front Bumper

NOTE:
- An assistant is helpful when removing the front bumper.
- Take care not to scratch the front bumper and body.
- Put on gloves to protect your hands.

36_hn00accor_sm20-134.png
Full Size Image

37_hn00accor_sm20-135.png
Full Size Image

Install in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:

- After reinstalling the center upper beam, check the aim of the headlights.
- Make sure the front bumper engages the side clips, and the hooks (of the center and corner upper beams) on each side securely.
- Replace any damaged clips.

tims auto repair :

Please ACCEPT my answer by clicking the accept button, so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.please understand,i can not see,hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so...sometimes you may need to right click the image,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

Customer:

Is it the same process for 2door model?

tims auto repair :

yes

tims auto repair :

give me just a minute to make sure

Customer:
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience: Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.