Mastertech1
Mastertech1, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  30 years of all phases automotive diagnostics and repair
24034660

reason for engine codes P0843, P0848

reason for engine codes P0843, P0848
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING JUST ANSWER, AND FOR ALLOWING ME THE OPPORTUNITY TO ASSIST YOU WITH YOUR AUTOMOTIVE CONCERNS. Have these codes been cleared, and then returned? Thanks Please let me know
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No these codes were verified by a honda dealer technician but I wasnt given a diagnosis.
The code po843, Is for the transmission fluid pressure switch(A) (2nd clutch) Code po848, Is for the transmission fluid pressure switch(B) (3rd clutch) , the vehicle needs to be checked for bad connections between the PCM (computer) and the transmission, if connections are good, Then then there is a possible bad PCM (computer) or it may need to be up-dated (programed) Thanks,Please let me know if I can be of any other assistance to you with this issue
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Well I just had my transmission rebuilt but the guy that did it came out to be unreliable, so do you think he didnt do the job well or at all? Or might be a consequence of something done wrong?
What was the transmission doing before? That lead to having it rebuilt? Did it have these codes before it was rebuilt? Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The transmission was slipping and would kick hard to go into next gear. sometimes would not want to go into next gear after 25mph it would just rev.

I dont know if these codes were there before, the check engine light was on for some time before I got it rebuilt and the letter D flashes. After is was rebuilt many of the warning lights are on now, the abs, vsa, and the ! in a triangle is on. the check engine is still on and the flashing D

Ok, Then from the sound of things the shop that did the over-haul needs to take a good look at the wiring connections that go to the transmission, (there is a good chance that 1 or more of the wires are not making connection,) Causing the fault codes you are getting at this time, and these codes will cause the check engine and vsa, and abs lights to turn on! The wiring connections to the transmission loosing connection, is a some-what common issue,(more so when the transmission has been removed and then reinstalled) So Yes have the shop that did the work check the connections (its part of there job!) Thanks,Please let me know if I can be of any other assistance to you with this issue
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So its wiring that goes to the transmission that needs to be checked not something inside the transmission?
Most common is outside the transmission, This needs to be checked first, Then if these test good,then there may be an issue with the wiring inside the transmission (bad connectors/or broken wires or high resistance in the wiring) If all wiring tests to be good, then the PCM needs to be checked! Thanks