Steve
Steve, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  13+ years with Honda,ase certified over 25 years
13523613

2004 Honda Element: drivers seat seems to be loose or something.

Customer Question

2004 Honda Element. The driver's seat seems to be loose or something. It seems to "rock" back and forth when I stop and start again. Any comments?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.

Steve :

The seat bushings have worn out and can be repla ced without having to replace the whole seat. If you are a handy person you may be able to do this yourself.

JACUSTOMER-1jcnfv4k- :

I was on a website arcb.com or something like that. Anyway, it was a site where I could read complaints regarding 2004 Honda. 90% of the 15-20 comment were regarding this "rocking" back and forth of the seat. Many seemed to say they would get it fixed, only to have it loose again a couple of months later. Any insight or comments? How big a job at the dealership (not very mehcanical)? thanks..gc

Steve :

If the repair is done properly it should last as least as long it has before. A dealership may charge about $200.00 labor depending on thier rates. Not really a big job, just takes a little time.

JACUSTOMER-1jcnfv4k- :

Ok, thanks. So my 29 bucks. Once I sign off from here, this is a closed file? Can I come back with a repeat question tomorrow or within a week?

Steve :

Once you accept/close the question you will need to open a new one. We can try and keep this open if you want.

JACUSTOMER-1jcnfv4k- :

No, should be good. Unless you think there may be another cause other than the bushings.....the site I was on, many of the posts from customers mentioned the dealerships in their specific situations told them it was the bushings as well ... so......... Any other possible causes?

Steve :

No I see just the bushings wear out. I have done may Element and Civic seats for the same issue.

JACUSTOMER-1jcnfv4k- :

OK, thanks. have a good night. I might be back to this site. Seems legitimate.

Steve :

Thanks and you also...have a good night.