SuperDave
SuperDave, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  over 16 years experience
10552493

2010 Honda: tire pressure light..light keeps..sensors..indicator light

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Honda Odyssey and the tire pressure light keeps flashing. The tire is pressure if fine 35psi and the sensors in each tire are working fine (they were checked by NTB) but they could not figure out how to stop the tire pressure indicator light from flashing. I've driven it quite a bit as well, but it still has not reset. Any suggestions?
Category: Honda
Expert:  SuperDave replied 5 years ago.

If the light is flashing there is still a problem with the system.The TPMS needs to be scanned for codes.

The Low Tire Pressure Indicator

• If the system detects low pressure in any of the four tires, the low tire pressure indicator comes on.
  • When the indicator comes on, inflate the tires and test-drive the vehicle at 28 mph (45 km/h) or more for at least 1 minute, and the low tire pressure indicator will go off.
  • If the TPMS control unit detects a problem in the system during an indication of low tire pressure, it turns off the low tire pressure indicator, stores the DTC(s), and turns on the TPMS indicator.

The TPMS Indicator

• If a problem is detected in the system, the TPMS indicator comes on.
  • If low tire pressure and a problem in the system are detected, only the TPMS indicator comes on.

If the system is OK, the TPMS indicator and the low tire pressure indicator should come on when you turn the ignition switch to ON (II), and then go off 2 seconds later. If they don't, there is a problem with the system.

DTC 11, 13, 15, 17

If the system detects low pressure in any of the four tires, the low tire pressure indicator comes on, and the TPMS control unit sets one or more of these codes: DTC 11, 13, 15, 17. When the tire pressure returns to normal, and the TPMS control unit receives the normal pressure signal from the tire pressure sensor, the TPMS control unit turns off the indicator. However TPMS control unit still retains the DTC(s).

NOTE: It is necessary to test-drive the vehicle at 28 mph (45 km/m) or more for at least 1 minute so that the tire pressure sensor transmits the signal.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Please do not charge my card. Your answer was not helpful. It simply stated what I already knew. Refund please!