Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

honda: water leak onto the floor on the front passenger and drive side

I have water leak onto the floor on the front passenger and drive side of my honda odyssey 02?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Eric replied 4 years ago.

does it only leak when it rains or going thru a carwash?

Or does it leak when the AC is on?

How severe a leak? just wet carpet or actually puddling up?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
when it s rain
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes leak is severe in the edges of both sides driver and passenger sides

Expert:  Eric replied 4 years ago.

Ok, you need to peel the carpet back at the firewall underneath the dash and have someone spray the vehicle with a hose while you check the body seams for leaks. I have found that the most common area of leaks is where the firewall meets the floorpan and fender. If leaking at this or other body seam, use some 120grit sandpaper to lightly sand seam and then use windshield clear rtv sealant to reseal the seams to resolve the leak.

Please note, your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment. Please click the ACCEPT BUTTON and/or SMILEY FACE to complete transaction or ask for more help. Positive feedback is always appreciated. Bonuses are welcome. Please note that if you have a subscription service you still need to click the accept button, however you are not charged again. Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
you think both sides have the body seam problems ? where i gonna spry water from outside ,engine side?
Expert:  Eric replied 4 years ago.

Yes, I have seen both sides leak, mainly due to some flexing that can occur over bumps and such that crack the sealant.

spray the water on windshield, engine compartment, and thru the front wheel well openings.