zaphod
zaphod, diagnostician, trainer
Experience:  14+ years on an automotive technical hot line
6510440

Honda Civic LX: radio code for 2007 honda civic lx VIN: 2HGFA16567H501742

Customer Question

radio code for 2007 honda civic lx VIN: 2HGFA16567H501742 serial number: 27008339
Category: Honda
Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.

Steve :

Are you sure you have the correct serial number for the radio? That number gives me a code for a navigation system.

JACUSTOMER-2709jh5u- :

I turned off the radio held down #1 and 6 at the same time then turned the radio back on and that was the serial number that showed up on the screen I don't even have a navigation system in the car.

Steve :

Can you please double check the numbers for me?

JACUSTOMER-2709jh5u- :

just checked it is 27008339

Steve :

I tried it again and the code came up for a navigation system still. Does your radio display "CODE" when you turn it on?

JACUSTOMER-2709jh5u- :

yea it says "enter code"

Steve :

I am going to opt out and see if another expert has any better luck for you.

Expert:  zaphod replied 4 years ago.
Honda has a site specifically for this, and it's free. https://radio-navicode.Honda.com/
Note that the site gives you the radio and navigation systems' codes, however these systems are different. You will need the VIN, the radio serial number and the phone number and zip code that match those on file at Honda-thus you have to be the original purchaser or have access to this information. Once in a while, the displayed serial number is not the same as the one on the outside of the radio, and some trim panels need to be removed to get to it. A dealership can also do this with just the VIN and serial number but many charge a fee>not all of them do. There are also a few fee-based sites that will get you your code for around twenty dollars. The first thing I'd do is look really really carefully for a small sticker; look all around the glove box and door, especially on the door edges. Also -if you haven't done this already- is look in any books or manuals you have for the vehicle, the ones that came with it when it was new. Inside the front and back covers are favorite places for service managers and techs to jot down the code. The card that came with the vehicle in the radio manual always gets lost. Second, I would try calling your local [and then not so local] Honda and Acura dealers; more often than not my customers have found one that does it while they're on the phone. Good luck, Jeff