Andrew
Andrew, Honda Technician
Experience:  12 year Master Tech and ASE Certified.
64561840

Honda cr/v: my tpms light comes on intermittently no matter

my tpms light comes on intermittently no matter what highway i drive on.this has been happening soon after car was purchased. service said they reset it and it is not important.my wife is scared.they refused to change the sensors --to expensive.mileag is appx 12000 mi.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Andrew replied 5 years ago.
Hello let me help you with any of your Honda problems. Is it the actual TPMS light or the tire pressure light with the exclamation point? If it is the TPMS light there is a problem and the dealer needs to repair the problem for you.....especially since it is under warranty. Did they tell you what code was stored also as that may help me in determining what exactly is the cause. Thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes it is the tpms light that comes on only
Expert:  Andrew replied 5 years ago.
Ok I don't know what kind of dealer would tell you that the TPMS system is not important on a brand new car but that is incorrect. You need to take your problem to the highest level at the dealer level which is the General Manager and explain your concerns. If you still get no help I can give you the number to American Honda customer service to open a complaint. You most likely have a sensor that is failing and not transmitting the signal properly. This should be covered under the factory warranty unless you have had a tire replaced and one of the sensors were accidentally damaged. Regardless if the light keeps coming on there is a problem and it needs to be addressed. Let me know if you have any more questions on this matter. Please hit accept and leave positive feedback. Thank You for letting me assist you today!