Steve
Steve, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  13+ years with Honda,ase certified over 25 years
13523613

2004 Honda: Wont start..Turn key..no cranking..engine sounds

Customer Question

Hi! I have a 2004 Honda Odyssey. Won't start, presumed ignition problem. Turn key, lights light up in ignition positions, no cranking when turning to start and no engine sounds. Problem happened a few times this week but won't start now, so a recent problem. Starter motor seemed fine/strong. I checked the IG fuses (under hood #23 50A and driver side #7 15A box) and they are not blown. Battery is fine. I live in upstate NY but the car is not rusted/corroded and wiring in engine is in decent shape. However, I 'jiggled' the battery wires and some wiring to/from I think the starter motor. I assume it is some wiring issue from switch to starter? THANK YOU!
Category: Honda
Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.

Steve :

Do you have a voltmeter or test light to check for power at the starter?