HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

2009 Honda Civic: tpms..sensor in one of the tires was replaced..trick

Customer Question

My 2009 Honda Civic has a problem with TPMS sensor light. The sensor in one of the tires was replaced about a year ago, and since then the sensor light has been on in spite of being reset multiple times. Is there some special "trick" to get it to stay off? The longest it has stayed off is 20 min. I sure would appreciate an answer. Thanks.
Category: Honda
Expert:  HondaPlatinum replied 4 years ago.
Yes that's sensor was damaged when that tire was replaced. Just need to replace the TPMS sensor in that tire to fix this issue about 75 dollars parts and labor. This is what needs to be done to fix this very common. Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated. Have a safe and Happy New Year!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The sensor was replaced at the time it was taken to have the tire fixed. The sensor that is in the tir? now is new and yet the light will not stay off. They have tried several times to reset the system and the light will not stay off. They say the new sensor is good. I'm not sure where to go from that point. I need information about how to reset the system and get the light to stay off. Also, where is the computer plug? under the driver side dash board?

Who replaced the sensor ? If it was the tire shop that's the issue . If this is slightly overtightened which we see all the time they crack the sensor and it causes this issue . This needs to be checked next .