HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

Honda Pilot EX: Im replacing the drivers door lock actuator

Customer Question

I'm replacing the driver's door lock actuator on a 2003 Pilot and encountered a problem - had to pop a metal plate off the door lock assembly to unsnap the actuator. When I did that, the lever arm that toggles the interior lock mechanism (above the arm rest/power door window console) popped out. Can't figure out how to put back together. It has a small white snap in washer, but not sure if it snaps into the lever arm or the lock mechanism's arm that actually causes the lock/unlock action. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Honda
Expert:  HondaPlatinum replied 5 years ago.
If you look at the diagram it goes in through the moving tab through the white clip then you slide the clip till it locks on the rod . Here's the diagram.
ClickHere
Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Have a Safe and Happy New Year!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
If you look at the diagram, part #2/23 (door lock assembly) - you can see the metal plate I'm referring to. To replace the actuator, I had to pop this off. I've attached two pictures - one of the lock assembly without faceplate and the other of the plate and the two pieces that need a home. The lever arm has a blue lock that the rod attachs to. I have two questions: where does the white plastic part fits? (snap into face plate? into moving arm within lock assembly?) Where does the lever arm fit to ensure it moves the locks as its supposed to?

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
It goes in the second spot of the first picture. The good piece with the blue lock goes over the first picture white piece then the cover goes on.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Just for clarity:
1. the second spot is the moving arm in the lock assembly - correct? I assume it snaps in place there? (it can snap into place on both the big and little ends). he white plastic pice fits into the
2. Piece with blue lock fits over small white spot at top of picture, correct?

last question I hope: If you look closely in the first picture, you can see part of the lock assembly for the door handle. Does the small part of teh lever arm (non-blue end) fit above or below that?
Above the past question.The arm snaps into place correct with correct. Also correct on question 2.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Tried snapping the white bushing (for lack of better description) into the hole on the white locking arm (position 2) - best it can do is "rest" there, does not snap or fit snugly. I put the arm over the white pinion (position 1) and reassembled - no dice - it doesn't move the rod. In the second picture, the arm with the blue lock ring actually installs in reverse orientation the picture in order to hold the rod correctly. Something isn't right - it doesn't unlock anything.
The white clip gets installed from the back side and clips in.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
That is incorrect. I had to open the passenger door to look at that side to determine the correct installation. The fat end of the white bushing fits over the white pinion in location one (top of assemble). The lever arm with the blue plastic fits over that and then the faceplate snaps over all of it, with the small end of the bushing snapping through the opening at the top of the face plate (it has a depression).
That's what I was trying to explain . At least it's installed correctly now .