Honda man
Honda man, Honda Service Technician
Experience:  Gold level Honda training
11197966

Honda Odyssey EX: 2000 Honda Odyssey- the air mix control valve

2000 Honda Odyssey- the air mix control valve is always adjusting except when set on 60 deg or 90 deg. You can hear it (and see it when under the dash), moving clockwise and counter clockwise. Is there a control that would be causing it to keep moving? An adjustment now and then would seem reasonable, but it is always moving.

Honda man :

Hello, I would love to help you with any Honda or automotive questions.

Honda man :

Welcome, to Just answer, have you tried to un plug it and plug it back in?

Honda man :

This is a common problem with the air mix motor its self, the internal motor is weak and not able to adjust its self to the position that it sees fit. Like yours a bad motor gets the signal to slightly adjust the blend door and the weak motor is not able to do a slight adjustment so the heater control pannel sends more voltage to move the amr more

Honda man :

the larger voltage makes the mix motor overshoot its target position so it sends the arm the other way...Long story short there is no real fix but to replace the mix motor.

Honda man :

do you have any more questions for me today?