Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Honda CRV: i have a 97 honda crv and the u-joint went out in

Customer Question

i have a 97 honda crv and the u-joint went out in back drive shaft auto parts dont list any you joints for it where can i get them and how in the hell do you get the old ones out
Category: Honda
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris.
I will do my best to answer your question fast and accurate using the info you have provided. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

Per Honda, if the U-joint is worn out then your supposed to replace the complete drive shaft, which is 1090$. If you have been able to find a U-joint that will fit then you need to use a vice or press to attempt U-joint removal. You need to verify it does not have internal circlips unlike the conventional U-joint. If it has no clips then the cups are staked in and will not come out with out damaging the driveshaft. You may want to look through your yellow pages and see if there is a local shop that builds and balances driveshafts, they will be able to fix this without replacement.