Amedee, Former ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

Honda Accord: Troble code P0134 and sometimes P2251. could

Customer Question

Troble code P0134 and sometimes P2251. could it be the O2 sensor
Category: Honda
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 years ago.

YES! This is a bad air fuel ratio sensor! This is very common on this vehicle. IT is actually not even a oxygen sensor.. it is much better and much more accurate. IT is called an air fuel ratio sensor. Replace it and you will be good to go!!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
sounds great. Can show or tell the location
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 years ago.
It is in the exhaust manifold before the converter. IT will look just like a normal oxygen sensor but should have 5 wires going to it instead of 4
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the car is not in front of me, so 1 more question. Does it have two sensor or four
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 years ago.
It should have four because you have two converters. One before and one after each converter.

This code is for bank one sensor one. Bank one is the bank closest to the firewall not closest to the front of the vehicle.
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the accept! I just checked.. this one might just have three sensors instead of four.. you will have to double check. The one you are going to want to replace is the first oxygen/air fuel ratio sensor on bank one (firewall side of engine)

Please let me know if you have any further questions!