HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

Honda odyssey: 2000 odysse wth loose vacuum hose run ning fro

2000 odysse wth loose vacuum hose run ning fro m left top of tranny to somewhere in top of manifold. car starts and goes to 4000 rpm and stays there. won't shift out of park . . .
Category: Honda
Expert:  HondaPlatinum replied 2 years ago.
There is no vacuum hose going to the transmission . The hose on the top of the transmission is the vent and will not cause this issue . Is you engine light on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
there is a hose off , engine light not on
Where is the hose off the intake manifold?there are no vacuum lines on the transmission .Just a vent line on top.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it is a 3/8 '' X 18'' long hose that runs from the rear right top of the engine and clamps to the radiator hose, but can't find a nipple .. . .
Is it from the back of the intake manifold? Was a egr update done prior to this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i knocked it off cleaning the engine . it comes from the driver side top rear of the engine unit. I dont know which part is the intake manifold . it clamps to the return radiator hose right in the middle of the top of th engine . .
Is it any of these lines.
ClickHere
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i don't think so ....engine stars and goes to 4000 rpm and stays, tran is locked out . .
Yes the trans,Transmission will not shift out of park until idle is correct safety issue .This diagram should help.
ClickHere
Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hose starts from Under the air intake tunnel on drivers side
It's either the pcv valve hose or the hose Or number 7 or the vacuum hose under the plastic air dam . This link will help . Take it apart and you will find where it goes.
ClickHere
Hoped all this helped. Please click the green accept button if you found this helpful. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
can't find a hose no. 7 on the diagram . .
Here's hose number 7. The links I showed you shows all the vacuum lines could be a broken pcv line which I also posted how to take the plenum off.
ClickHere
Hoped all this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated. Don't forget to click the green accept button so I get credit for my help.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
nope, my loose hose is ab out a foot or more long . . .
Then that's the pcv hose gets connected at the back of the intake plenum. Follow the steps to the egr bulletin I gave you. You will find it . Hoped this helped. Don't forget to click the green accept button so I get credit for my help. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what is the intake plenum ?
The part in the bulletin I posted that comes off to clean the egr ports and check vacuum lines.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the hose doesn't reach that far to go under the plenum .
Post a picture of it here so I can tell exactly which it is. I showed all the vacuum diagrams.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
http://wsik.wordpress.com/2011/11/02/end-of-loose-vacuum-hose-wrapped-in-tissue/
Is the other end connected to the transmission?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think it's the tran , driver side top back . . .
That's the vent line . Can you post a picture if where it attach's?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
http://wsik.wordpress.com/
Yes thats the vent house for the transmission and does not get attached to anything . Sounds like you have a sticking throttle plate. Was there any recent work done to the vehicle?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the battery went dead and i replaced it . Just bought the car last Thurs. It ran fine on the way home. it sat a couple days while I cleaned it and the battery ran down to where it wouldn't crank. when I put a new battery in, it started but went up to 6000 and oscilated. now it starts and goes to 4000 and the tran is locked in park.
Ok disconnect the battery . Clean the throttle plate and throttle body along with the idle air control valve.Reconnect the battery if there is still an issue there is a vacuum leak most likely behind the intake plenum
Like I stated . The line you posted is the transmission vent and will not cause this issue. These are the next steps . Hoped this helped.Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK, will try it tomorrow . . .
Ok keep me posted. Don't forget to click the green accept button if you found this helpful. We can continue for no further charge after the accept .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. Can't work today , rain. try tomorrow
Ok
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Got throttle body out, not too dirty and it isn't sticking . . . normal for a stuck valve ?
Yes then it would be a stuck idle air control valve . Don't forget to click the green accept button so I get credit for my help. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience: 13 year honda platinum level