Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

Honda Pilot EX 2006 Honda Pilot - check engine light on and

2006 Honda Pilot - check engine light on and off for 8 months - code P0300 to P0306 cylinder misfire; occasional rough running when cold; seen many approaches to fix
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks. This most likely means your #6 cylinder ignition coil has failed. Swap coil with another cylinder to see if misfire moves and if so replace coil. Let me know if you have any questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
codes P0300, P0301, P0302, P0303, P0304, P0305, and P0306 all show - are you sure that it is just #6? have seen that this is a common problem with Hondas; first showed check engine light not long after timing belt replaced at Firestone
I thought you said only P0306 and P0300 were showing up, I didnt realize a code for every cylinder...Does it run good when warm? Do you ever get any other codes? Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
runs fine when warm, only started rough 3 times in last 10 months; check engine light on and off for these 10 months
I agree it sounds like intake gasket, to verify you can spray starting fluid or propane around intake gasket to see if idle changes when cold if so replace gasket. If only P0306 is showing up swap around coil to see if misfire moves, coils are pretty common on this vehicle...or if you have scantool that can moniter live misfire data and one cylinder is misfiring alot more then the others. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.