Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Honda CRV: TPMS light appeared on the instrument panel.

While driving TPMS appeared on the instrument panel. I did stop and saw that my tires were low, although no low tire pressure symbol came on. I inflated the tires but the TPMS is still visable. This happened yesterday and TPMS is still on. What should I do?
Hello!

Have you tried to reset the tire pressure system or light?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I didn't see anything in the Owner's manual about that. How would I do it.
Unfortunately, there is a special tool (T/N AKS062006) that required to reset the Tire Pressure Monitoring System. You could try disconnecting the battery, but then you would erase the radio presets and you would need your radio code. If you have your radio code, you could sure try and disconnect your battery for a few minutes.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
so I need to see my Honda dealer?
That is correct!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what caused this to happen? What is the worst thing that could be wrong with my vehicle?
Either the tires are low on air or were low on air and the light has just remained on or you could possible have a bad tire pressure sensor in one of the tires..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I had my car serviced at my Honda dealer less than a month ago and also got new tires about 9 months ago. SHould this have happened.
IT is very possible! Maybe they ruined a sensor when putting on a tire.. Or maybe this is a separate issue..

When this light comes on, you need to adjust the tire pressure settings on all tires to the recommend pressure and then drive the vehicle above 28 miles an hour will turn off the lamp. However, if this does not work, there is a malfunction with the tire pressure monitoring system that will need to be addressed.

Hope this helps!