Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Honda crv Have computer codes 54-01 and 61-01, what do they

Customer Question

Have computer codes 54-01 and 61-01, what do they mean?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 years ago.
Hello!

Do you have any "P" codes in the computer?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No.
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 years ago.
Is the check engine light on?

How did you obtain these codes?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Through a carMD scanner.
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 years ago.
Is the check engine light on?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes.
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 years ago.
Ok.. you need to have these codes pulled from the computer with a code reader or a scanner. You can have these "P" codes pulled for free from your local auto parts stores.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Listen, I iknow that you are there and I am here, THE CAR DOES NOT RUN, what I usred is a code scanner and these are the numbers, if you can not help me, i DO NOT WANT TO ACCEPT YOUR SUBSCRIPTION, MY free trial started ON 6 sEPTEMBER, I THINK YOU ARE ALL CROOKS AND i AM DEEMANDING THIS BE CANCELLED IMMEDIATELY AND I will talk to a real person that knows something and will accept what I feel like paying. Thanks for nothing, my questions are used up and I am not agreeing to anything else.
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 years ago.
Hello!

Please relax as we can work this out. I only get paid once you accept my answer. I can walk you through this diagnoses of your no start condition of your vehicle if you would like. But those codes do me no good as they are not OBD2 codes.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I want answers that are asked, what controls fuel at the injecdtors, a module, computer, I am 67 years and now have to work on hondas. My sons vehicle, I told him buy american. This vehicle stopped going up hill and the only thing is no fuel at the cylinders..
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 years ago.
The PCM/computer controls the injectors based on the camshaft/crankshaft position sensor.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The computer is firing injectors, (tested) but not at the correct time, so one of the sensors are faulty? It also will not fire on ether into the plemn?
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 years ago.
If the engine DOES have spark and it will not run on starting fluid with the fuel injectors disconnected, then either your ignition or valve timing is off.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
In other words the belt has moved on cogs? But setting the timiing mark on TDC the distributor is in position with rotor, but maybe belt has slipped on one or both cams?
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 years ago.
YES.. it is very possible. IF you have not checked engine compression, that would be a good thing to do next.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Did you get the question I just typed in ?
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 years ago.
No.. I am sorry... i did not get any question..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Compression readings ar 170,90,70,25. Think the timing belt?
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 years ago.
YUP! You got it!!