Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...

Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Aftermarket & Factory Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years. R/S, etc.

Honda crv: How do I reset the alarm? I typed in the code to

How do I reset the alarm? I typed in the code to the radio and the radio is working, but the alarm is still going off.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 2 years ago.

Radio Code is seperate from Vehicle Alarm...
If this is the Factory Alarm
You should be able to DisArm by:
pressing the unlock on remote

or

be sure battery is fully charged

disconnect the positive battery cable

open driver door & LEAVE open

turn igniotion to ON & LEAVE ON

reconnct positive battery cable

alarm may sound for a few seconds

start vehicle

reset radio

Please keep in mind Just Answer is set up on an honor system.

I have sent the information you have requested & have answered .

Don 'Mo Lurch', Auto Service Technician
Experience: Aftermarket & Factory Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years. R/S, etc.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is very possible that the battery is not fully charged... what then? I may have to get a new battery, true?

Charge or Jumper, or new

If charging, didsconnect a battery cable while charging

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm sorry. I was sure I did click on "Accept Answer". I will do so now.

By the way, it is not the battery. I am now suspecting the starter.

Thanks for your help.

Thank you for the response

Be sure battery is charged & all connections are clean & tight

When the key is turned to CRANK position, the Starter Relay should click, which sends voltage to the Solenoid, which engages the Starter
Be sure vehicle is in Park or Neutral & check Relay

graphic

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I had the battery checked and am sure it is charged.

There does seem to be some sort of a "click". It actually seems to turn over once or at least try to turn over once. There is no continuous cranking sound as one sometimes hears with a bad starter.

if the clicking noise is heard when key is turned to crank & it is the starter relay, then it

sounds like you are on the right track

let me know if you further