Mastertech1, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  30 years of all phases automotive diagnostics and repair

Honda Accord my 2007 Honda wont start. It started normally

my 2007 Honda won't start. It started normally and I went down the street and had to go back to the house for something. When I got back in, the key turns and you hear a switch and the fan (in the engine) turns on but nothing happens. All of the other electrical stuff is working fine. Could it still be the battery?
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING JUST ANSWER, AND FOR ALLOWING ME THE OPPORTUNITY TO ASSIST YOU WITH YOUR AUTOMOTIVE CONCERNS.Have you tried moving the shifter to see if it starts? if no, then are the head lights bright?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The gear shift will not unlock when the key is turned and the headlights are bright.

Then this sounds to be an issue with the ignition switch (very common issue) what happens is it wont allow voltage to flow when the switch is turned to the start posistion! Have the switch tested and if found to be bad replace the ignition switch. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX me know if I can be of any other assistance to you with this issue
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Should I have the car towed to the local Honda service center or is this something that is easy for the amatuers to fix?

Any good repair shop can take care of this issue (aftermarket shop would cost less then the dealer) Thanks