snapontech
snapontech, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  2 Year Automotive Degree 2 years hands on technical training and 7 Years hands on learned from the best.
49697172

Honda Accord SE How do I access the AUX input on my 2006 Accord

Customer Question

How do I access the AUX input on my 2006 Accord SE?
Category: Honda
Expert:  snapontech replied 3 years ago.

snapontech :

Welcome to Justanswer

snapontech :

With this system you have to get the one that is for the vehicle which one did you get?

Customer :

It is the HD1, it says for Acura and Honda

snapontech :

Whats the full model # so I can look it up

Customer :

ISHD53

Customer :

The sticker on the interface is ISHD531

Customer :

The harness is labeled PGHHD1

snapontech :

The harness is good

snapontech :

Cant seem to pull up the other

snapontech :

So the way this works is you should be able to turn the stereo to aux mode

Customer :

I connected the harness to an open connector on the bottom of the radio (there wasn't anything plugged into it).

Customer :

when I re-powered the radio, it would not switch to AUX mode

snapontech :

Ok there should be 2 connectors that plug in from what I see

Customer :

there are 3 connectors on the harness - 1 for the interface box

snapontech :

(1)Remove the storage bin just below the climate control. There are other threads describing detail but basically open the door and pull gently but forcefully straight out. There are no screws holding this bin.

(2)wrap the loose bin (with light harness attached) in towels to prevent damage and carefully set aside.

(3)look at the iSimple unit. It has a large wiring harness with a 14-pin male and female connector. Plug the male connector into the female connector. And then notice that to unplug them, you have to press a small tab to release a lock. Note how this works carefully because you need to press the tab in the next step.

(4)Just above where the bin used to be is a 14-pin connector - it's a bit right of center - but it's directly above where the bin sits. You will need to unplug it. Remember you must press that little locking tab to get it out - the tab is on the side of the connector nearest to you. It's in kind of an awkward position so you may have to work at it.

(5)take the just unplugged connector and plug it into the female matching connector from the iSimple unit. Make sure it's seated firmly.

(6)plug the male connector from the iSimple unit into the place where you removed the connector in step 4. Make sure it's seated firmly.

(5) Connect the Ipod connector per Isimple instructions. There are 2 connectors in the Isimple unit that look the same but the instructions say to use the one furthest from the dip switches.

(6)You're done! except for re-assembly. I would test the unit before putting it all back together.

(7)I have decided to drill a hole in the back of the storage bin (large enough to pass the smaller Ipod connector). But you may have some other preference - like route the Ipod wire the the armrest compartment or glove box. Your choice.

Customer :

there is no harness connected to the 14 pin on the bottom of the radio

snapontech :

There should be

Customer :

is there another 14 pin connection somewhere else on the radio?

snapontech :

Yes you will have to disconnect it in order to install the connector

snapontech :

I believe the one that is open is for the XM radio option

snapontech :

So thats why its not working

Customer :

where would the other 14 pin connection be?

snapontech :

So I believe what you do is disconnect this connector from the back of the radio and it will have a male and female 14 pin you plug the harness into the 14 pin you took out of the stereo and into the female of the ISIMPLE then hook the other male of the ISIMPLE into the stereo its like splicing it but its with the connector so its simple

Customer :

do i need to remove the radio body from the car to access the back connector?

snapontech :

Thats what I would do some have small hands and can get in there but most cant

snapontech :

the connector in the middle on this diagram is the one

Full Size Image

snapontech :

If you found this information helpful. Please kindly press ACCEPT. Thanks in advance Danny You can bookmark this page and reply for free I dont charge for you to ask follow up

snapontech :

Let me know if you need anything else.

Customer :

I checked the radio in the car, doesn't match the diagram. the only 14 pin is on the bottom of the radio. In back is a blue connector (maybe a 20 pin?).

Customer :

The buttons on the radio face is CD/AUX. The radio does not have an XM button. Any ideas?

snapontech : Well if there is not one in the back of the stereo to hook the adapter into then you have the wrong adapter
snapontech :

I am positive how this works it needs to go into the connector that plugs into the stereo then plugged into the stereo or it will not work it will connect to the connector with the speakers.

snapontech :