Mastertech1, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  30 years of all phases automotive diagnostics and repair

My passenger window in a 97 civic the window wont go down,

My passenger window in a 97 civic the window won't go down, it makes a noise to go up but not down, can you help?
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING JUST ANSWER, AND FOR ALLOWING ME THE OPPORTUNITY TO ASSIST YOU WITH YOUR AUTOMOTIVE CONCERNS.What has happened is the window regulator is bad,The noise you are hearing is the window motor trying to move the regulator,but when the regulators go bad they jamp-up. You will have to replace the window regulator assembly. Thanks,Please let me know if I can be of any other assistance with this issue!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There is no noise when I hit the driver's side switches for the passenger window, nothing happens, only a noise happens when I push the switch on the passenger window to go up, and there is nothing when I press it to go down. electrical?
Ok then. What switch did you replace the drivers master or the passengers switch?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The Passenger Switch
This is common to a bad master switch,all of the other switches go threw the master switch,so when the master switch has a bad circuit, it wont complete the circuit, You will need to test and replace the master switch, Thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

If the master switch is bad, will the other windows work? The driver side window works

Yes, there are different circuits in the switch 1 for each window,and 1 for each door lock