Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Honda Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Honda Diagnostics
18617752

Honda Accord DX code P2138

code P2138
Category: Honda
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is DriveFast71(Ron) and I will do my best to answer all of your questions completely and accurately.

The P2183 is a fairly straight forward code pointing to a fault in the ECT #2 sensor. It's a fairly common fail item on these vehicles. Inspect the wire harness and connector to the sensor for any loose, broken or rubbed through wires. If the visual inspection checks ok, suspect a faulty sensor, and replacement should solve the problem. It's mounted just under the throttle body.

graphic

graphic

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the code is P2138 and not P2183
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 years ago.

I am SO sorry! Wow! I totally misread that! The heat is getting to me today! Sorry!

The P2138 is also a fiarly straight forward code pointing to a fault in the Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor. This sensor is mounted to the top of the Accelerator Pedal. Again, inspect for any loose, broken rubbed through or melted wires. If the visual inspection checks ok, suspect a faulty sensor.

graphic

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 years ago.

I'm getting conflicting information. One source says, on this model year, the APP Sensor is under the hood, mounted to the firewall, towards the passenger's side.