MASTER TECH, Honda Service Technician
Experience:  28 years of Honda training and a master Honda tech

98 accord: Drivers side door wont open..Power lock

98 accord 2 door. Driver's side door won't open. Power lock seems to be working. Tried using key, but still it won't unlock the door. Some research online mentions problem with door lock assembly and having to drill hole in door to access latch mechanism. Any simple solution? Is this a costly repair?

master tech :

Hello welcome to just answer I am master tech and will be able to assist you today.

master tech :

the research you have done is correct. you will need to replace the door latch but first you need to gain access into the door.

master tech :

I have a template that will guide you on how to drill the lock out so the door can be opened.

Customer: Hi. Did you send me the template? Please let me know. Thank you
master tech :

ops im so sorry

master tech :

let me load this

master tech :

CLICK HERE This says for the TL but the same latch for the accord.

Customer: I'm not sure if I understand it completely. Once I remove the inner door panel will I be able to see and access the lock assembly or do I need to drill an access hole in the door frame? Please advise, thank you.
master tech :

once you remove the door panel you will need a mirror to look at the latch as shown and then see if you see this little lever as shown.

master tech :

if not then use this drill the latch open.CLICK HERE