HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level

2003 honda accord: AC...The ac compressor clutch not engaging

My 2003 honda accord four door has a problem with AC. The ac compressor clutch not engaging. I've seen this is common problem. The car only has 40K miles. Does this sound like the clutch relay?  What should be done? What is the likely cost and will Honda America pay for some of it?
Category: Honda
Expert:  HondaPlatinum replied 5 years ago.
No the cluth and field coil fail needing replacement . About 250 parts and labor at a shop. Honda will not cover this.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This is seems right if I understand it correctly.

You said "cluth and field coil fail needing replacement". Did you mean that the clutch failure means the clutch and field coil will need replacement.? I think that is what you mean.

Should this be done by a Honda dealer or can a qualified mechanic do the work for the same price assuming their skill and honestly level is comparable.?

Thank you for your answer as it seems right.
Yes correct clutch and field coil any shop can do this and save you a lof of money. This is the next step. Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.