Mastertech1
Mastertech1, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  30 years of all phases automotive diagnostics and repair
24034660

2003 Honda: is misfiring on cylinder number two..coil pack..spark plug

Customer Question

2003 Honda Odyssey is misfiring on cylinder number two. Repair shop wants to install new computer which costs $2000.00 to fix it and my wife is upset. Could it be a bad coil pack, bad injector, bad spark plug, or bad injector wire? Please advise.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Mastertech1 replied 5 years ago.
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING JUST ANSWER, AND FOR ALLOWING ME THE OPPORTUNITY TO ASSIST YOU WITH YOUR AUTOMOTIVE CONCERNS.This sounds to be common with a bad coil pack or plug boot (on the bottom of the coil pack it goes over the plug to seal in the spark) How did they come-up with the computer for a single cylinder misfire, what tests did they do? Thanks, Let me know
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sir,

Thank you for your advice. I also found on U-Tube Honda Odyssey Random Misfire Repair it is 8:05. I suspect this is what it is. Thank you again for confirming my hunch.

My advice would be to get a second mechanic to check out,Think he/she will find its coil pack or boot or plug,or injector! Thanks