HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid with 96+K miles - IMA and Check Engine lights on, Codes P1600 an

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid with 96+K miles - IMA and Check Engine lights on, Codes = P1600 and P1433. Is it worth the repair costs of $4K (dealer estimate)? Dealer says will likely need cadillitic converter soon as well - they want to sell me a car.
Category: Honda
Expert:  HondaPlatinum replied 5 years ago.
There are 2 bulletins on this vehicle which extendst the warranty . This dealer is trying to make money off you. Contact American Honda about this issue 1-800-999-1009 they should help with the repair and also let them know about this dealer. Heres the bulletins.
ClickHere
ClickHere
Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you! Also. My notes indicate an IMA light came on in October 2010 - which they addressed by replacing the oxygen sensors. I need to find my records to check the mileage - but could that also have been an early indicator of premature IMA failure? I'm hoping it was under the 80K warranty point.
Yes absolutely tell Honda all this and they will cover all these repairs and make this dealer do the work. This is a shady dealership. Best of luck. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Don't forget to click the green accept button so I get credit for my help. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.