Kyle N.
Kyle N., Honda Master Tech
Experience:  Honda Dealer Tech, ASE Master Auto Tech

2005 Honda Accord LX: keyless entry..Placed new battery..fob

Customer Question

2005 Honda Accord LX Coupe. The keyless entry remote system has quit working, power locks and windows work and all accessories work, have checked all fuzes inside car and underhood all test OK. Placed new battery in remote transmitter (key fob), any suggestions?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Kyle N. replied 5 years ago.

The remote may be faulty. I just had this happen to me a couple days ago. Most auto parts stores have a display now where you can press the buttons on the remote and a little light will flash if it's getting a signal out of the remote. I'd try this next because it's a free way to check the remote. Autozone had this display if I remember correctly.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have tried both remotes for the car, and neither of them work, one of the remotes was replaced @ 1 year ago when I had a duplicate key made for the car at the Honda dealer, have replaced batteries in both remotes, both remotes dispaly a small red light that flashes when you push the buttons on the remotes.
Expert:  Kyle N. replied 5 years ago.

Hi again,

I'd still check it like I was saying above. It's not going to cost you anything and they'll fail and still show a red LED. At least you can eliminate the remote/s as the problem.

Have you tried to reprogram them?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Have checked both remotes at the parts store and they show to be working, how do you reprogram/ reset the remotes?