HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

2001 Honda accord: CD player will not eject the CD.

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Honda accord. The CD player will not eject the CD. Says ERR...makes sounds, but will not eject.
Category: Honda
Expert:  HondaPlatinum replied 3 years ago.
This is usually an internal error . Try disconnecting the batter for an hour this usually resets the system if not it will need to be sent out for repair or replaced.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I suppose you mean, disconnect the battery? Do you mean the battery of the car? Am I supposed to disconnect the battery of the car itself?

Yes the battery of the car itself. If it does not reset it will need to be sent out for repair or replaced.Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have disconnected the battery...and now wait. I will let you know what happens.

Ok keep me posted.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just reconnected the battery. Now the stereo has the word "Code". The radio doesn't work now..and no CD came out? Until now, the Radio still worked.

What now?

You need to enter your 5 digit code .Its on a white sticker on the inside wall of the glove box or on a white credit type card with your owners manual. Just enter the code with the radio presets once you have it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well, that worked. The radio is working again, but the same sound is made as the stereo tries to spit out the CD. So, I am back to where I was when I first contacted you.

Is there nothing else I can do to get the CD to come out?

It would need to be sent out for repair or replaced unfortunately to fix this issue. About 250 to fix or 300 used off eBay. Hoped this helped . Positive feedback and bonsues greatly appreciated.