HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

Honda Odyssey LX front windshield washer problem

Customer Question

I am having a front windshield washer problem on my 2003 Honda Odyssey. I have checked the fuses which are fine. I replaced the washer pump. The rear pump and wiper work just fine which I believe are all on the same fuse. I don't get any current to the new front windshield washer pump. When I pull the lever, the wipers do engage but the pump does not engage. Where is the problem?
Category: Honda
Expert:  HondaPlatinum replied 5 years ago.
Problem is in the wiper switch as long as the pump connector is not damged under the vehicle . Try pushing the wiper switch slightly forward and see if the washer start to work. If so that wiper switch is bad. This needs to be checked next.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I made a mistake in saying the first time that the wipers didn't engage, they do engage when pulling the lever. I tried pushing slightly forward and also jiggling the switch in other directions, without any luck. Do I need to pull the whole switch out and try another? Everything else on the switch seems to work.
See if there is power at the front wiper motor .
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The wipers work, everything works except the front washer pump. There is just no power to the washer motor (I checked with a voltage meter). Is there anything between the switch and the washer pump that I should check?
No if the harness to the washer motor is ok and there is no power when pulling half the switch the wiper switch is bad and needs to be replaced.